Seabrook Fire and Rescue

 

In June of 1920 the "Seabrook Farms Fire Company" was organized.  Originally founded for protection of Seabrook Farms property, it was located central to their operations.
 
After several years however, it was realized that the company needed to be incorporated under the laws of New Jersey to benefit from lower insurance rates.
 
On August 28, 1946 the name Seabrook Volunteer Fire Company was chosen.
 
The augmentation began to serve the community by protecting property from damage by fire.
 
On March 19,1995 the company assumed the responsibility of rescue for the Township of Upper Deerfield New Jersey, an Area covering 31.5 square miles
 
We now use the name of Seabrook Fire & Rescue. In addition to fire protection, we provide vehicle extrication, ice & water rescue, and ladder truck operations for the township.
 
There have been 9 Chiefs in office since organized in 1920, they are as follows:
         
Lenwood Scudder     Harry Hoffman         Joseph Franco 
 
William Lewis             Elmer McKishen     William Ewing              
 
H. James Neher         Joe Parsons            Douglas Mehaffey